Mr. Kunal sharma,
Retailer in winter wear,
Sub: Legal notice under Section 138 of the Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881
Under instructions and authority from our client Mr. Bhuvan Deepak a wholesale trader in woollen garments in Ludhiana, Punjab, we serve upon you the following notice of demand under section 138 of the Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881.
- That your business concern Mr. Kunal sharma a retailer in winter wear and other goods had purchased goods,vide their invoice bearing no 36590 dated 20th April, 2021 for Rs. 25,00,000/- (Twenty lakh rupees only).
- The cheque no. 36590 dated 20th April, 2021 for an amount of Rs. 25,00,000/- drawn on the Union bank.
- The said cheque was presented for payment but the same has been returned by your bank with the endorsement “Insufficient Funds”.The Bank has informed us through their check return memo dated 1st May, 2021.
- On informing about the dishonour of the cheque to you, it has been more than a month,and no response, despite continuous calls and personal visit to your house.
- On account of the above facts, you are now asked immediately to pay the amount specified above according to section 138 of the Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881.
- Failing which will begin criminal proceedings against you as envisaged in the section referred to above.
This is without prejudice to all other legal rights and remedies available to our client for the above stated purpose.
Kindly take notice.
Me. Bhuvan Deepak,
(All the names and details provided above are fictional)
5/5 BA LLB
Dr. B. R. Ambedkar law college AU